Ripcords: Rips Thru Tough Jacketing Materials
FIBER-LINE® has over 25 years of experience in twisting various types of ripcords for the optical fiber cable market. FIBER-LINE® ripcords deliver optimal performance in a variety of applications.
Key Features of FIBER-LINE® Ripcords:
- Rip through any material, including steel armor
- High strength to diameter ratio
- Lubricated for easy ripping
- Colors available for easy identification
- Long continuous lengths per spool
- Available flat, twisted or cord
FIBER-LINE® ripcords can rip thru a myriad of thick jacketing materials and sheathing, even in below freezing temperatures. Products are precision wound for solid package integrity and minimal ballooning, yielding the greatest length per package.
Fibers for Ripcords:
Performance Adding Coatings:
- FIBER-LINE® Colorcoat™: Color Identification for easy tracking
- FIBER-LINE® Wearcoat™: Lubricity for fast and easy removal
- FIBER-LINE® Swellcoat™: Water absorbing protection
- FIBER-LINE® Swellcoat™Blocker: Block water migration
- FIBER-LINE® Blockcoat™: Anti-wicking
FIBER-LINE® Ripcords are supplied on a variety of cardboard tubes to meet your equipment needs. Packages can be supplied on colored, embossed and/or slit tubes. Plastic, wood, or metal reels are also available. Contact us today with dimensions you require.