Swellcoat™: Water Blocking & Absorbing Yarn
FIBER-LINE® offers a multitude of water blocking/swelling performance by controlling different levels of coating on the fiber.
Key Features of Swellcoat™ Water Blocking Yarn
- Binder yarn, buffer thread, & filler yarn
- Low, ultra low, & zero shrink yarn available
- Precision wound for optimal speeds
- Single & dual ends available
- Low dust
- Replaces messy gels
The Swellcoat™ Advantage
Swellcoat™ impregnated fibers are an efficient means of introducing SAP (Super Absorbent Polymer) into the fiber optic cable. Swellcoat™ binders, fillers, and buffer threads from FIBER-LINE® are an excellent means of producing a dry cable design. Swellcoat™ products create a stable gel and can absorb up to 100x their weight.
Swellcoat™ Blocker is a lower level water-blocking finish for any technical fiber or textile substrate. Swellcoat™ Blocker products provide water-blocked strength reinforcements for dry cable designs and can absorb up to 15x it's weight.
Non-Coated Binders & Fillers
FIBER-LINE® also produces flat, uncoated binder yarns supplied in precision wound packages to yield the greatest length per package and to ensure solid package stability and minimum ballooning at speeds reaching 4000 rpm's. FIBER-LINE® has developed binder products that exceed the industry standards.
Fibers for Water Blocking Yarn
Performance Adding Coatings
- FIBER-LINE® Swellcoat™: Water Absorbing Protection
- FIBER-LINE® Swellcoat™Blocker: Block Water Migration
- FIBER-LINE® Colorcoat™: Color Identification for Easy Tracking
- FIBER-LINE® Repelcoat™: Water Repellency
- FIBER-LINE® Blockcoat™: Anti-Wick water penetration & snag resistance
FIBER-LINE® Water Blocking Yarn is supplied on a variety of cardboard tubes to meet your equipment needs.
Packages can be supplied on colored, embossed and/or slit tubes. Plastic, wood, or metal reels are also available.
Contact us today with dimensions you require.