12 HR Shift Machine Operator
January 10th, 2018
This position is available immediately in our Hickory, NC location.
Must have 2 + years manufacturer machine operator experience.
Shift hours: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (or) 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM Rotating Shifts.
Summary: This is a manufacturing position involving the set up and operation of multiple manufacturing lines and machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to lift and manipulate 50 lb. spools from floor height to shoulder height and above. Must be able to stand for 12 hr shifts, bending, stooping and performing physical activity for the 12 hr shift. These duties are essential to perform the job.
- Responsible for the set-up and operation of machines as specified on the manufacturing specifications.
- Determines materials, dies, & chemicals to be used for production run from specifications.
- Performs inspection of entire area and the setup of the line before starting.
- Insures that spec and all other applicable documentation is complete.
- Responsible for making minor adjustments to machinery as needed.
- Responsible for inspection of finished materials.
- Reads and interprets spec sheets and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery.
- Troubleshoots and/or communicates abnormal conditions to Shift Leader and/or Cell Leader.
- Must display a proficiency in basic mathematical calculations.
- Physical ability to perform splicing and testing procedures.
- Proven mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and fix common problems.
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter with initiative, attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- Able to work within a team environment
Regularly requires walking, standing, stooping, bending, repetitive wrist/hand movement, pushing/pulling and lifting 50 lb. spools from floor height to shoulder height or above in a
12 hour rotating shift. Occasional use of office equipment. Requires continuous normal hearing (40-60 decibels or 40-60 decibels with correction) and vision (20/20 or 20/20 with correction).
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 2 plus years’ experience working as a machine operator in a manufacturing setting.
- Prior forklift experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Fiber-Line, Management provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, individual genetic information or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
This job profile reflects management’s assignment of current duties, responsibilities, and essential functions; it does not prescribe all or restrict the tasks that may be assigned now - or in the future – relevant to the primary responsibilities for the Machine Operator role. Fiber-line, Management may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to:
Denise Frye, Human Resources