3rd Shift Twisting Operator
January 10th, 2018
This position is available immediately in our Hatfield, Pennsylvania location.
Shift hours: 11:00PM to 7:30AM Monday through Friday
Summary: This is a manufacturing position involving the set up and operation of twisting machines that convert raw fiber material into a twisted product according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for the set-up and operation of the Twisting machines per customer specifications.
- Responsible for making minor adjustments of twisting machinery as needed.
- Responsible for inspection of finished materials. In addition, interacts with QA to provide samples at end of operation according to Twisting SOP.
- Performs and documents in-process monitoring of twisting operations as required.
- Troubleshoots and/or communicates abnormal conditions to Supervisor.
- Performs all cleaning operations as specified in Twisting SOP.
- Adheres to Safety policies and practices per Twisting SOP.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Must display a proficiency in basic mathematical calculations.
- Previous exposure to ERP software system or computer knowledge.
- Physical ability to perform splicing and testing procedures.
- Proven mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and fix common problems.
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter with initiative, attention to detail, and strong work ethic
- Able to work within a team environment.
Regularly requires walking, standing, stooping, bending, and sitting, repetitive wrist/hand movement, pushing/pulling. Occasional use of office equipment. Requires continuous normal hearing (40-60 decibels or 40-60 decibels with correction) and vision (20/20 or 20/20 with correction). Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a manufacturing or quality driven environment preferred but not required.
- Prior forklift experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Fiber-Line, Management provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, individual genetic information or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
This job profile reflects management’s assignment of current duties, responsibilities, and essential functions; it does not prescribe all or restrict the tasks that may be assigned now - or in the future – relevant to the primary responsibilities for the Twisting Operator role. Fiber-line, Management may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to:
Terry DeRugeriis, Human Resources Manager