Carbon Fiber Advanced Processing
Key Features of Carbon Fiber:
- High strength & modulus
- Corrosion resistant
- Electrical & thermal conductor
- Flame resistant
- UV inert
- X-Ray Permeable
- Excellent EMI
FIBER-LINE® Advanced Carbon Fiber processing utilizes the latest technological advancements in fiber handling:
CARBON FIBER TWISTING
Key Features of Carbon Fiber Twisting
- FIBER-LINE® is now offering proprietary specialized carbon fiber twisting and plying
- Specialized equipment designed to carefully handle carbon tows and protect individual filaments.
- Twisting process can be optimized for increased tensile strength or for flex-fatigue improvement.
- Twisting carbon tows produces a geometricaly round profile
FIBER-LINE® twisting aligns the filaments in the fiber bundle which enhances processing and increases break strength.
FIBER-LINE® WEARCOAT™ FOR CARBON
Key Features of Wearcoat™
- Proprietary coating formulations used to help protect the fibers during further processing
- Various coating methods allow for precision application of coatings for tight controls & tolerances.
- Increases durability and abrasion resistance by encapsulating filaments in the fiber bundle
- Extends the life of the product by reducing the effects of friction and yarn on yarn abrasion
- Protects the fiber from degradation and filamentation
- Ideal for high abrasion and high friction applications in a range
FIBER-LINE® BONDCOAT™ FOR CARBON
Key Features of Bondcoat™
- Proprietary coating formulations used to bond/adhere the Carbon fiber to another surface
- Helps fabric ends from pulling apart from the other ends
- Created for applications where an untreated fiber does not have the ability to provide the appropriate amount of bonding charac- teristics to another material
- Provides adhesion to another fiber or sub- strate without impacting other performance properties
- Also used to better secure the fiber to the resin matrix it is introduced into
- Rely on Bondcoat to pass industry standard “burst” tests or stringent delamination analysis
CARBON FIBER PULTRUDED ROD
Key Feature of Carbon Fiber Pultruded Rod
- Increased strength and modulus compared to traditional FRP
- Reduce diameter without sacrificing strength or modulus
Chemical Resistance to Acid: Information here.
Chemical Resistance to Alkali: Information here.
Carbon Fiber Advanced Processing Data
* Equilibrium moisture regain @ 55% RH ** Creep @ 40%-58% ultimate tensile strength *** Shrinkage in dry air @ 177 C for 30 minutes
This data is provided for informational purposes only, and does not constitute a specification. FIBER-LINE makes no warranty, express or implied, that the product conforms to these values. Contact your FIBER-LINE representative for exact product details which conform to your specific requirements.