June 18th, 2018
This position is available immediately in our Hickory, NC location.
Summary: We are currently looking for an HR Generalist whose primary responsibility is to coordinate and facilitate day-to-day operations of Human Resources in our Hickory, North Carolina manufacturing plant.
Specific Duties include:
- Partner with NC Works and temporary agencies to conduct pre-screenings of candidates.
- Ensure low cost temporary agencies being utilized along with background checking.
- Negotiate lower rate for company and employee referrals with temporary agencies.
- Interface with temporary agencies to fill vacancies as needed and support Cell Leaders during the interview process.
- Conduct investigations under the direction of the Director, NA Operations on allegations of discrimination, harassment or unfair work environment.
- Ensure up-to-date accuracy of employee information within the HRO/TLO system.
- Develop and distribute reports as well as providing support in all projects as assigned.
- Conduct New Hire Orientations and all onboarding procedures.
- Instruct the new hires, transfers and re-hires on the completion of the required paperwork, i.e. benefits, W-2 withholding, Code of Ethics, Employee Handbook, & I-9 Verifications call-in procedure.
- Conduct annual Code of Ethics and Sexual Harassment training.
- Provide Employment Law, Appraisal and Interview training to management periodically.
- Provide support to the Operations Director and the HR Manager in all projects as requested.
- Assure correctness of temporary agency invoices for accounts payable.
- Assist HR Manager with annual benefits enrolment rollout.
- Coach and counsel Hickory management on employee relations issues.
- Promote employee retention thru company sponsored events
- Review hourly wages with Hickory management as part of employee retention efforts.
- Work with HR Manager to implement human resource initiatives.
- Assist with performance reviews and compliance audits.
- Guide management on handling sensitive performance management and other ER matters.
- Calculate and submit out-of-pocket reimbursement claims.
- Process short term (STD) and long term disability claims (LTD).
- Investigate unemployment, EEOC, attend unemployment hearings when required and conduct fact finding.
- College Degree preferred or HR Certification and PHR/SPHR with equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three years of HR experience and one year of HR Generalist experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be self-motivated and able to utilize initiative to recognize potential associate or Company related issues and report to management.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office and HRIS software.
- Strong project management skills and analytical abilities.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices including Title VII, HIPPA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, etc.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Travel which will include overnight stays to field locations and Headquarters required as needed.
- Must be a strong team player willing to do what is necessary in order to complete departmental goals.
Please send all inquiries including a cover letter and resume to:
Terry DeRugeriis, HR Manager