Packing Yarn: Extend The Life of Your Pump
FIBER-LINE® packing yarns are designed to improve the performance versus finished braid coatings, yielding time and cost savings. Coating at the filament level allows the various resins to penetrate the fiber bundle before the yarns are braided.
Key Features of FIBER-LINE® Packing Yarn:
- Filament level coating produces longer lasting products
- Dissipates heat and reduces shaft wear
- Excellent sealing and lubricity properties
- Twisted products available for added strength
- PFOA free products available
FIBER-LINE® offers a broad range of continuous filament yarns and performance additives for braided compression packing yarns. We combine the yarns and coatings to create unique products designed to add performance to meet your exact requirement.
Coating the material after braiding does not allow for the same level of impregnation. Filament level coating delivers higher % level of pickup which ultimately extends the life of the braid and reduces required maintenance.
Fibers for Packing Yarn:
Performance Adding Coatings:
- FIBER-LINE® Packcoat™ PTFE
- FIBER-LINE® Packcoat™ Graphite
- FIBER-LINE® Packcoat™ Silicone Oil
- FIBER-LINE® Packcoat™ Mineral Oil
- FIBER-LINE® Packcoat™ Paraffin Oil
FIBER-LINE® Packing Yarn is supplied on a variety of cardboard tubes to meet your equipment needs. Packages can be supplied on colored, embossed and/or slit tubes. Plastic, wood, or metal reels are also available. Contact us today with dimensions you require.